Monday, April 28, 2008

Miley Cyrus

I just found out that Miley Cyrus a.k.a. Hannah Montana created a myspace page that was separate from her normal fan music page. On it, she tells her fans what they can and cannot talk to her about, and portrays herself as a total snob. At first I thought that someone else must have created this page, cuz the Miley Cyrus that I know would never create something like this in fear of disappointing fans, and creating the kind of negative buss that it has been creating. I loved Miley. I took 2 of my junior high girls from my church youth group to go see her 3-D concert movie. It's not just that she seemed like a snob, it was the photos that she had posted on her page. She had sexy, half naked photos of her. The kind of photos that only she could have taken, and only she could have posted. This cemented for me the fact that this page was truly hers. The main reason I was so supportive of Miley was because the lyrics and messages that she sends to young girls is very uplifting and promoted positive self-image. I no longer feel like I can encourage the young girls that I know to admire and look up to Miley's example. I feel so disappointed. I can only hope that Miley's parents will do something about this. It seems to be to be a cry for something more....

Sad day...

No comments: